Where's the 'Power' button?
'Power On' is a white little button below 'Power Off'. It's clickable.
On Maxi light it both switches the device On and Off. Mini devices have the dedicated touch-sensitive Off area.
Do they work in rain?
Yup, can work in rain, watch the video - Ledus Wheelus rain modes
+Starting from mid-February 2013 we added a transparent polyurethane coating for the microprocessor unit — kinda little waterproof shell for extra durability.
If you were riding in rain/dirt, it's posible to wash the device in water with a brush and soap — not removing from a wheel. Let the water to dry out for 15 minutes (or dry with a hair-dryer) — and it shines like new again.
How to create a new image here?
Navigate to the Editor and create one right in your web browser.
If you're logged in, the image will be saved to 'My patterns' and if you make it public, it will be also visible in the Editor.
If you're not logged in, you can still save a pattern into Anonymous Patterns section.
April'2013 update After saving an image, you can download it instantly and push into the device via USB (particular single image).
But it's recommended to organize images into an image library first, and then push a whole library into the device (many images at once — read below).
How to create an image library?
That's easy, login on site — you'll see an additional menu with 'My Patterns' and 'My Libraries' sections.
Navigate to 'My libraries' and create one there.
Yup, you don't need to register here — all you need to log in is your existing Twitter account.
Can I use another's patterns in my library?
Any pattern you can see on site (both in the Editor and Anonymous Patterns) can be added to your library. Hovewer some patterns can be private, as well as some libraries — then only the owner sees them.
I saw the Space Invaders animation in your video. How it's made?
Animation is just an image library, but each frame is displayed for 0.1-0.3 seconds.
Software allows to adjust the frame display time from 0.1 to 17 seconds.
How do I upload the new images into my device?
1. Download and install Ledus Wheelus software
2. Download some image library from Public Libs or from "My Libraries" section (or just grab a single image from the Editor/Anonymous gallery)
3. Open a library on your computer using the Ledus Wheelus software
4. Connect your device to USB port and press "Upload" button. That's it — all new images uploaded.
I experimented with different libraries, how can I return everything to defaults again?
1. Download Maxi Default.lw or Mini Default.lw library (depending on your device)
2. Launch Ledus Wheelus software and open Maxi/Mini Default.lw image library file there
3. Connect the USB cable into the device first
4. Connect the USB cable to your computer then
5. Device starts blinking green LEDs and the software should say 'Ledus Wheelus is connected'
6. Press 'Upload' button once — it will flash images + settings into your lights
7. Disconnect the device when it's done and turn it on by pressing the 'power' button. Device will start playing patterns from the default library
Even if something went wrong — power glitch, usb communication error, etc. — it's always possible to connect your unit to the computer again and return it to defaults. Just follow these steps. Easy! :)
How long does your standard shipping take?
Orders are usually dispatched the next day after receiving the order — for now it's always Priority Airmail with tracking. Some statistics:
65% packages were delivered in one week
35% packages — from 8 to 15 days
USB communication error (April 2012 prototype) resolved
Reported once, not happened since April 2012
Problem: Customer tried to upload a library into the device and got 'Communication error. Please, reconnect the device' message. Device was connected to Windows laptop. On other desktop PC everything worked just fine.
Details: Issue was reproduced locally, tuned up schematics, so now MCU gets a bit more power from USB. Problem gone.
Device blinks green LEDs when USB powered, but doesn't switch on from battery (July 2012) resolved
Reported once, July 2012 proto
Problem: Customer wasn't able to run device from battery, however it worked in USB mode and was recognized by PC software.
Solution: Advised to reset the device to defaults using Ledus Wheelus configurator. Problem gone, device works as new.
How to reset the device settings to defaults:
1. Download and install Ledus Wheelus configurator version 0.552 or later.
2. Download default library .lw file.
3. Connect the faulty device to USB and re-upload Default library there.
4. Disconnect Ledus Wheelus device from USB and try running on a battery. Should work now.
Alkaline batteries and bumpy road issue (July 2012) resolved
Reported twice, pre-August 2012 prototypes only.
Problem: Alkaline AAA batteries have narrower "+" tip and may disconnect on a bumpy road (staying in holder, not falling apart) and device switches off sometimes.
Solution: If you have pre-August 2012 Ledus Wheelus prototypes, use Rechargeable AAA batteries — they have 1mm wider "plus" tip and the holder grips them much better. Alternatively the holder can be bent with pliers a little to fit your batteries (say, if "minus" spring became too weak — bend it inside).
In addition Starting from September 2012 all devices have an improved Snap-in battery clips made of spring steel plate. Both Alkalines and Rechargeables work good now. So this issue is already in the past :)
Cannot install Ledus Wheelus software, got 'Adobe AirApp installer damaged' message (Aug 2012) resolved
Reported once, Aug 2012. iMac, OS X 10.6.8 system
Solution: Update/install latest Adobe Air Runtime manually from get.adobe.com/air/. Then run Ledus Wheelus installer, should be okay now.